My finance of 4 years died 7 months ago of a massive heart attack at 46 years old. 2 weeks later my father died of the same massive heart attack, so I have had a real bad 7 months, yet I have become much stronger lately and I think I am ready to love again. in regards to that about a month ago I became close with a man who's wife of 22 years was killed in a car wreck 3 months after all my deaths occurred. he is devastated. yet we became very close in a short time and I feel in love with him. then he all the sudden backs off and acts like we never had anything special. we really understand each other and are perfect together but now he is totally out of my life and I am crushed. I know he is hurting and maybe dealing differently than I did, but how long am I supposed to wait on this guy to get past the grief enough to go on with life. he has turned to drinking now and is so negative about things from what I hear. we listened to each other and talked so much! why did he back away from me?? scared to love again?? I am so hurt. I truly love this man, I know I do. should I back off and not talk to him at all or continue to show him support??? I miss him so much. I know he is hurting. I am too, but that does not mean we cant ever be happy again???
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.