My marriage was breaking down for the 2nd time and we started divorce proceedings when I met someone at my job. I was very attracted to him and he seemed nice and sincere. We developed a relationship which I tried to keep discreet since the divorce had not gone through and my ex was still living in the house. I fell deeply in love with this person, we talked on the phone for hours and called each other any time of the day or night. I never had any relationship other than with my husband before. I trusted this person and believed him and all he told me. On December 24 last year he said that he loved me. I believed him and felt so happy. This relationship has been going on for over 2 years. But in January this year I discovered that he has been living with someone for some months. I was shocked and devastated. I kept crying and could not stop. I would call him crying and he would insult me. I almost had a nervous breakdown and went on medication. I miss him all of the time. We work in the same place and it is very difficult for me. I cannot stop grieving. I am now divorced with my 2 kids and I feel so betrayed. He told me that I was vulnerable and that I should just move on. I cannot seem to be able to come to terms with someone being so cruel. I feel depressed all of the time.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.